Logo
Rodding Roundtable
Home  |  Forums  |  Events  |  Members  |  Webring  |  Tech  |  Merchandise  |  Contact  |  Services
abLinks   |  Want Ads  |  Advertising  
   ForumForum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   AlbumAlbum   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classified AdsClassified Ads Search AdsSearch Ads

AWD disabled light?

Post new topic      Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Rodding Roundtable Forum Index -> Rodder's Roundtable
View previous topic :: View next topic  
348tripower
Baron

User's Age: (66)

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 31 2015, 1:16 pm    Post subject: AWD disabled light? Reply with quote

I have a 2002 Rendezvous that has this light on. I have test driven it with the scanner attached and I have wheel speed on all four wheels. No ABS light. Ideas?
wayne petty
Paladin

User's Age: (56)

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 31 2015, 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does your scanner read B0000, C0000 and U0000 codes?? generic scan tools usually don't.. what brand and model scan tool do you have so i can look up a manual to see if it will read them..?? and if it has a cartridge.. which one..

you seem to have an advanced scan tool or an abs specific version.

do the wheel speed sensors match as you drive at various speeds.. have the passenger look at them..
Arnold
Nobleman

User's Age: (62)

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 31 2015, 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went through a lot of this.
Pretty much only a dealer can read that code.
They pretty much insist on a factory recommended rear axle fluid change..then a flush.First. After the initial code read charge..then it costs more because of this code and needs to be looked at by someone with thos credentials.
Your local garage can change this fluid.Use only the GM proper stuff.
This will probably get the muck away from the filter screen..might take 2km..then flush again.
The dirty screen restricts the flow to the sensor and causes it to read an overheat of the dif fluid and shuts off.
Next step is to pull the valve out of the dif. Pretty messy takes 2 seconds.
If the screen is dirty put it back in and try it again.
if that does not work it is either the wiring harness under/near the back L door or most likely the valve in the dif. $250-$300 ouch.
I did a ton of research on this..those rear ends are not serviceable.
Not much ever goes wrong with them.EXCEPT for that valve Evil or Very Mad

Those rear ends are a grand up here used..new dealer is like $4800 plus tax and installation Cdn. Ouch.
Arnold
Nobleman

User's Age: (62)

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 31 2015, 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arnold wrote:
I just went through a lot of this.
Pretty much only a dealer can read that code.
They pretty much insist on a factory recommended rear axle fluid change..then a flush.First. After the initial code read charge..then it costs more because of this code and needs to be looked at by someone with thos credentials.
Your local garage can change this fluid.Use only the GM proper stuff.
This will probably get the muck away from the filter screen..might take 2km..then flush again.
The dirty screen restricts the flow to the sensor and causes it to read an overheat of the dif fluid and shuts off.
Next step is to pull the valve out of the dif. Pretty messy takes 2 seconds.
If the screen is dirty put it back in and try it again.
if that does not work it is either the wiring harness under/near the back L door or most likely the valve in the dif. $250-$300 ouch.
I did a ton of research on this..those rear ends are not serviceable.
Not much ever goes wrong with them.EXCEPT for that valve Evil or Very Mad

Those rear ends are a grand up here used..new dealer is like $4800 plus tax and installation Cdn. Ouch.

Brain dead..lol..if the screen is dirty clean it..
348tripower
Baron

User's Age: (66)

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 01 2015, 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,
I will clean the screen and change the rear diff. lube. All the sensors were reading the same wheel speed. The ABS works fine too. I just bought a Autel MD802. My old OTC scanner had a cartridge to 2002 but would read some abs to 2004. I needed to upgrade so I bit the bullet. I did do a comparison with the OTC and the Autel and they gave me the same information. Curiosity
here
Shocked

View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic      Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Rodding Roundtable Forum Index -> Rodder's Roundtable All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: