Logo
Rodding Roundtable
Home  |  Forums  |  Events  |  Members  |  Webring  |  Tech  |  Merchandise  |  Contact  |  Services
abLinks   |  Want Ads  |  Advertising  
   ForumForum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   AlbumAlbum   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classified AdsClassified Ads Search AdsSearch Ads

GG Indy

Post new topic      Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Rodding Roundtable Forum Index -> Rodder's Roundtable
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lofat46
Craftsman

User's Age: N/A

PostPosted: Thu, May 28 2015, 9:38 am    Post subject: GG Indy Reply with quote

Anyone going to the Goodguys event in Indy next week? Cool
trackster
Craftsman

User's Age: (71)

PostPosted: Thu, May 28 2015, 3:24 pm    Post subject: GG Indy Reply with quote

Going Friday and Saturday. Looking like rain at this point. Driving the A-bone Delivery pickup.

our truck 2011 Nats.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  25.97 KB
 Viewed:  78 Time(s)

our truck 2011 Nats.jpg

lofat46
Craftsman

PostPosted: Thu, May 28 2015, 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: GG Indy Reply with quote

trackster wrote:
Going Friday and Saturday. Looking like rain at this point. Driving the A-bone Delivery pickup.

A week before the Indy 500 they were calling for an 80% chance of rain. Race day not a drop % dropped to 10% then 0%. It was a nice sunny race day and I loved it. Hopefully same happens next week.
WZ JUNK
Baron

User's Age: (68)

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 07 2015, 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indy was my favorite show for years when it was at the dragstrip. Many of us here on the RRT would have a meet and greet. I thought a lot about those trips to Indy this weekend. I read on another board that the car count on Friday was pitiful. Did anyone go? What was the event like this year?

John

Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH
http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/hooley/hooley-2006-Story.html
trackster
Craftsman

User's Age: (71)

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 08 2015, 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was there Friday and Saturday. Weather was perfect. Crowd was down as far as we could tell. Highest registration number we noticed was 943 but it sure didn't seem like that many cars there. Too many late models for me. Camaros, Mustangs, 2006 Dodge Ram pickup, 2008 Ford Ranger and even a 2013 Ford Fusion! Venue was nice but we won't be going back. Just not my cup of tea.
lofat46
Craftsman

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 09 2015, 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trackster wrote:
Was there Friday and Saturday. Weather was perfect. Crowd was down as far as we could tell. Highest registration number we noticed was 943 but it sure didn't seem like that many cars there. Too many late models for me. Camaros, Mustangs, 2006 Dodge Ram pickup, 2008 Ford Ranger and even a 2013 Ford Fusion! Venue was nice but we won't be going back. Just not my cup of tea.

We got down there on Thursday to set our tent up. Weather was great and so were the cars. Yes there were some late model 2000's but the old cars far outnumbered them. Where we were parked Friday seemed a lot more crowed then last year. GG is working hard to make this a success. Maybe numbers were down because the Power Tour was the same weekend in neighboring Wisconsin and Illinois who knows. Next year's dates are June 10-12, 2016 and for sure I will be back as will many members of my club. It's a fact of life, both GG and NSRA are letting later model cars in and it's also a fact that the later model ones are mostly being driven by gray beards who probably have an older hot rod at home. Ya park next to them at cruise nights so no different parking with them at big shows. I pay little attention to them choosing to focus on the older cars.
57larry
Knight Regular

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 11 2015, 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was there Fri & Sat. swap meet was a little better than last year
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic      Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Rodding Roundtable Forum Index -> Rodder's Roundtable All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: