Logo
Rodding Roundtable
Home  |  Forums  |  Events  |  Members  |  Webring  |  Tech  |  Merchandise  |  Contact  |  Services
abLinks   |  Want Ads  |  Advertising  
   ForumForum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   AlbumAlbum   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classified AdsClassified Ads Search AdsSearch Ads

Update on posts not appearing

Post new topic      Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Rodding Roundtable Forum Index -> Sitewide User FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fat Cat
Site Admin
Site Admin

User's Age: (48)

PostPosted: Thu, May 27 2004, 6:26 pm    Post subject: Update on posts not appearing Reply with quote

I think I have figured out what is causing posts to not appear on the forum. I have had it happen to me twice recently. Most recently on the Olds brakes post. It happened because I did not allow the process to complete. After you hit the submit button it takes you to a confirmation page. There are links there to allow you to look at the message or go back to the forum. I have been able to successfully hide messages by clicking the return to forum link without viewing the post. If I allow it to auto-redirect to the message and then go back to the forum it appears right away. So I think this is the cause. I will post a message over on the support site for the software and see if they have an answer. Until then just let the message come up automatically and then return to the topics page and things should work fine.

The Mad Polack
Black Swamp Soda Works
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HotRodLadyCrusr
Baron

User's Age: N/A

PostPosted: Thu, May 27 2004, 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okie, dokie, smokie Wink

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.
chopped
Knight Regular

User's Age: (71)

PostPosted: Fri, May 28 2004, 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So thats what happened to all those great answers I tried to give. Laughing
Fat Cat
Site Admin
Site Admin

User's Age: (48)

PostPosted: Fri, May 28 2004, 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chopped wrote:
So thats what happened to all those great answers I tried to give. Laughing

No this issue only relates to new topics not replies.

If you are talking about replies the post but there is no new text in the message it vould be because the text was typed into the "Attachment" file comment box instead of the message reply area.

The Mad Polack
Black Swamp Soda Works
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Crosley

User's Age: (63)

PostPosted: Sun, May 30 2004, 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one post ( response) not appear imediately ... it happened when I clik'd on the 'view now' deal and did not allow the bbs to flow through it's normal process.

I came back and NO recent post. I hit 'refresh ' and there it was .

mayb just at my end ( computer) ?

It's not your age, It's the mileage on the body that adds up
sirstude
Baron

User's Age: (64)

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 03 2004, 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds right, The first post I just dropped out, and the second, I looked at the post. I will keep that in mind.

Thanks
Doug
taxpyer
Craftsman

User's Age: (68)

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 15 2010, 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just today I was telling a couple of guys about RRT. We were starting the pinto engine in my 47 Willys for the first time. All went well and after they left I, in all my analness, I put a new plate over the EGR valve body below the carb. While I was cleaning this out I thought I'd just clean out some of the old carbon that was there. Well I managed to get some out but not before I knocked some into the intake manifold where it was quickly sucked into the intake valves holding them open when I tried to start it and now it won't start. I'm not telling you this because I want you to know how stupid I am but to say that my first thought was to ask someone on here about how I can clear the valves out without pulling the intake or head.
Don't close this down. It's a high quality hobby specific forum. We need it. To lose it would be a real shame. Please hang in there. It's like having this "brother" out there who is always happy to lend a hand.

View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic      Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Rodding Roundtable Forum Index -> Sitewide User FAQ All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: